Educate Together National School is a primary school funded by the Department of Education and Skills. It is also a member of the Educate Together organisation and therefore follows and supports its ethos.
Our school is: — This is test information.
More about our school and its ethos:
Welcoming all children!
- We welcome all children. No child will ever be asked their religion as part of the enrolment process. While in school, no child will be separated or treated differently in any way due to their religious or philosophical beliefs.
- Educate Together’s commitment to equality at school continues after enrolment. There is no faith formation / instruction in any religion during the school day. Pupils are free to be themselves. They are exposed to different beliefs and perspectives in a respectful way that encourages critical thinking.
- Our teachers bring the curriculum to life by encouraging children to think, question and engage both with their teacher and each other. Reflection and mindfulness are key components of the school year. Children don’t wear uniforms. This child-centred approach empowers the individuality of the students while respecting their identities.
- Educate Together has always recognised and celebrated the diverse nature of family. Our schools develop programmes to counter gender stereotyping in all its forms and are proactive in promoting an approach to learning that encourages and supports a wide range of talents among students irrespective of gender.
Student, parental and community involvement
- Parental involvement in Educate Together schools can encompass all aspects of school life from formal structures like the Board of Management and Parent Teacher Associations through to more hands-on voluntary roles within the school. Educate Together schools aspire towards affirming pupil voices. Debate and discussion are nurtured. Student councils are elected by pupils within the school and these councils are encouraged to contribute to school life and the wider school community.
Find out more about Educate Together’s unique equality-based ethos here